LoR Campaign Setting & RPG Development News
Back in November 2018 I started to put online the LoR Campaign Setting & Core RPG rules.
With the support of my Patrons at https://www.patreon.com/gmdonline, I have dedicated my tim eto bring to life my vision of an RPG I have been developing for years but never really gave it the TLC it truley deserved.
What is LoR?
LoR is a Fantasy Campaign Setting set in a ‘Bronzed Aged’ World. The descendants of the gods themselves roam the lands and mankind now dominates the Lands of LoR. LoR is rich in history and adventure. It has suffered a great cataclysm and many wars between the gods themselves. All which have shaped the world to what it is today. But the gods have not been seen in Aeons. But their children, the Hērōs, Those who have the bloodline of the gods flowing through their veins do walk amonst the races of LoR. Some reveare and worship these, Hērōs, whilst other hunt them and kill them, believing they are an abomination and blasphemous.
LoR is a Fantasy Campaign Setting set in a ‘Bronzed Aged’ World. The descendants of the gods themselves roam the lands and mankind now dominates the Lands of LoR. LoR is rich in history and adventure. It has suffered a great cataclysm and many wars between the gods themselves. All which have shaped the world to what it is today. But the gods have not been seen in Aeons. But their children, the Hērōs, Those who have the bloodline of the gods flowing through their veins do walk amongst the races of LoR. Some revere and worship these, Hērōs, whilst other hunt them and kill them, believing they are an abomination and blasphemous.
The world is troubled and is not at peace, war rages across many territories, but something far more sinister stirs in the dark depths of the world. Even the gods have started to fail to answer the prayers of their worshippers. Unrest hangs everywhere!
It is a time for Heroes and Champions to come to the aid of the world.
The RPG & Setting can be accessed here: LoR Setting & RPG Rules
Since November 2018 I have been developing the RPG Setting & Rules PDF, various VTT interfaces for Play testing and made a start on the 3D Setting Environment.
For the setting I have completed the first Region Map and will soon be adding it to the Setting Page for Patrons to see and provide feedback.
LoR Core RPG Rules
The Rules have been in development for years. But I have made a lot of major changes that are being play tested to see if these changes will stay. Some of the changes have had a drastic effect on the speed and play of the game. some for the better and some are currently in debate if they will stay.
The front cover layout has been created and is waiting for the final artwork to be completed to replace the current preview currently being used.
The RPG book layout has been formatted and the rules being added.
The rules are being slowly added to the website and altered as changes are being made. Currently the Rules format online is rather messy. This will be tidied up as rules become more finalised and available.
Play testing happens weekly and it has been decided to start with character generation play test and run a mini campaign to play test the rules further.
GM rules play testing will commence hopefully in the next few months.
Virtual Table Tops have been set up for play testing the rules.
Tabletop Simulator & Fantasy Grounds 2 are currently our choice of VTT’s. The environments will be made available to our Play Testing GMs for FREE once GM play testing rolls out and the table tops are completed.
All Play Aids will become available once the artwork for them has been replaced with LoR artwork. This will take some times as it is very costly to get the artwork done.
I plan to make the play aids for all VTT’s and will arrange Mods & extensions for these.
3D World Environment
My latest addition to the project is the 3D interactive world. I decided to utilise my knowledge of Persistent World Building with NWN2 and build my own software for players to play through stories and venture across the actual world of LoR. With a real time environment and audio that tells the avatar history and details about the regions they explore.
LoR Living world
I am currently in the process of setting up the Living World Pages for my Patreon supporters. The concept behind this is to have the supporters to becomes adventurers, rulers etc and make decisions that shape and change the setting monthly, based upon their choices they make. To begin with it will be very basic as I will be doing this manually. But eventually I will design something to automate the process, but this will need some developing and designing.
I want to take this opportunity to thank my Patreon Supporters for their support and belief in this mammoth project. None of which would have been possible without your help.
Also I want to thank all my play testers for helping and their valued input.
What’s to come?
After some brainstorming with Patreon supporters Thrin & Eusi, I have a lot of bonuses for my patrons.
Here are some that will be in the pipeline:
- I will open my Project Plan for all to see what is being currently developed and what is planned for the future.
- Patrons can show interest and request certain projects to be brought forward.
- I will be adding Perks to my games for payers to choose when signing up to the game. Their will only be a limited amount of Perks available during each sign up.
- I will be setting up game signs up in unison with the Perk scheme. The higher tiers will be able to sign up up to 2 months before the actual game and each Tier will gain access 1 week after a higher Tier until the game then gets advertised to the general public. This will allow Patrons to have first choice of the available, descending down the Tiers. But all players will gain a Perk/Character choice.
- Regular LoR adventures will be run allowing players to play the same character through different Adventures and groups and develop that character over time.
- I will be developing Videos that teach the rules and showcase various adventures. These will be available to Patrons first then slowly available to others.
- I will further developing the 3D Environment so that Patrons can start to have a look around and experience the world of LoR.
- I will get the basic LoR Rules available for GMs to start running their own adventures.
- I will complete the first Region in Elarsa, with full details both for players and GMs. Providing GM packs for VTTs and PDFs for their Live Tabletop games.
Watch this space!